Waco has been our home for more than a decade now since I uprooted my family from Asia. Great things have happened since then. This blog will be our link to friends and hopefully, fellow educators.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
2705 PINE VALLEY DRIVE
the night eternally dragged light peeps through the blinds yet there's total darkness. birds sing early morning songs, I can't hear the music. trees sway with the wind my thoughts drifting. spring showers fall like the tears I have shed. the ceiling is blank my mind empty in this luxuriously cozy room I long for comfort. when will this end? I wonder. helpless, I look up as I touch the rosary beads. with no one around I am the fortress of me.
(The friends and family who knew the circumstances behind this poem written on March 15, 1994 while in Harlingen, Texas would fully understand the emotion embodied in it. Thank you, Nila Wipf, Tess and Seto De Gracia, Mel and Cielo Ascio for your loving concern, and Lee and Mike Clark for providing me refuge in those difficult times.)
No comments:
Post a Comment